This speaker is a testament to leftovers. The main bulk of the cabinet is built on the same framework as earlier boxes; however, instead of leaving the plywood edges visible the cabinet was clad in 1/8″ birch ply. A glance at the corners will show that someone had apparently just read about laser kerf bending as well.
The noise making bits were up-cycled from a pair of speakers found on sale at GC. While they sounded decent as is, they’re price made it easy to tear them apart and have some fun.
- Audio Inputs: 2 x RCA
- Subwoofer Output: 1/8″
- LF Driver: 3-inch
- HF Driver: 1-inch, silk dome
- Power, peak: 60W
- Continuous Power: 10W x 2
- Cabinet: Laminated 3/4″ Plywood
- Frequency Response: 80–20,000Hz
- Power Supply: AC 110-240V~ 50/60Hz